Planning to invite children to your wedding?
Surely you want them to have loads of fun and giggles at your wedding party. Here are a couple of ideas to make the wedding party unforgettable for kids too. And all without draining your pocket.
Pimp up kids table
For kids first impression is perhaps even more important than for adults. That's why you may want to consider setting up something special for the little ones. Something appealing and eye catching. Preparing special table for kids is one of the party classics - it does not have to be place dedicated for eating (it might be though). It could be just fun place - place where kids gather to relax and do what they do best - play.
Here's what you could do to pimp up kids corner:
- prepare activity bags for kids (which could include: play doh, colouring images, crayons, bubble maker, disposable camera, stickers, pocket microscope)
- inflate balloons
- use colourful cutlery
- use themed disposable plates
- place kids table in “kids cave” (e.g. tent or behind a curtain)
Food DIY Activities
Toddlers usually love to prepare their own food - they feel independent and in control. Giving them opportunity to do some cool delicious snacks would, pretty surely, bring them loads of joy.
- Remember to provide aprons for those kids who make a lot of mess!
- And safety first - no small items for under 3 years to avoid choking
Here are some suggestions what kids could do at DIT food corner:
- prepare their own ice creams (make scoops and select toppings)
- decorate their own cupcakes
- select toppings for mini pizza
- decorate gingerbread man cookie
Arts & Crafts Activities
Arts and crafts activities are among party classics. From simple colouring notebooks to more sophisticated creative paintings or "play doh" shapes. You cannot go wrong here - when kids will spot bubbles set or crayons and notepads they will know what to do.
Here are some ideas of what activities kids might enjoy:
- make pictures with disposable camera
- draw with crayons
- colouring pictures
- make bubbles
- prepare and throw confetti
- make “play doh” creations
- use blackboard and chalk
- build with blocks
Educational activities not always require adult supervision. Sometimes it is enough to provide tools to explore nature such as magnifying glass or mini microscope.
Here are some ideas what activities may stimulate young minds:
- catch butterflies and insects
- examine nature with microscope
- read books and comics
- solve puzzles and jigsaws
Sensory and Gross Motor Activities
Kids have loads of energy so do not think that dancing on the party will make them tired enough to come down. You'd better prepare for explosion of energy when kids gather - the energy multiplies.
Sensory and gross motor activities not only will make kids laugh and spend energy, they are also great way for kids to socialise, cooperate and get to know each other better.
Here are some activities which are relatively easy to organise and safe (... and can be great fun for adults too):
- knock down cans
- water pouring race
- bags race
- karaoke competition
- make music with soda bottle xylophone
- record sound and re-play
- corner with various music instruments to explore (they could be home made)
And lastly - always remember about safety.
No small items for under 3 years old
Always be sure small kids are in the safe environment (no electrical items around, no ponds, no high surfaces kids could fall from etc.)
Share this post
- Tags: Wedding Party